Every Ride Counts

Find what you are looking for!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

I broke my #1 Rule...and paid for it!!!!

It has been raining, allot. Most barrel races and weekly jackpots are cancelled....most arenas in Texas just have grass parking lots. Diamond W is a really nice, big complex and has great parking!!! Being owned by a barrel racer...it was open for barrel racers tonight. Lisa...is awesome!

I rode Zion, Beau, Lucky, Braska and a client's horse, Holli.

I rode Zion last...we trot and lope some circles and a couple patterns...Well I decided to take him through one last time and go home..............Well, what was supposed to be a breeze through run turned in to him firing really hard and working his a$$ off! So, I went with it; I pulled him up coming off the 3rd and he coughed. And, coughed and coughed....for 5 minutes! I know he bled! I used to run him on Lastix and did not give him any tonight because we were not going to run, and I have not been giving it to him. Great!
My #1 RULE is I do not run my horses for free, ever. I do not run in exhibitions...I do not run at home. I understand that futurity horse are different at the beginning of the season because they can not be entered till December 1....Open horses should never be run for free. If you need to make a run most weekly Jackpots are $20.

Hopefully he did not bled very bad. He will be on some meds for bleeding tonight and from now on not be run for free and always on Lastix!

Hidden Waters Equine's Fan Box

Hidden Waters Equine on Facebook